Dynasty or Perpetual Trusts
When it is important to preserve your wealth a Dynasty, or Perpetual Trust, may be a good solution.
A Dynasty Trust is -
- A tool to preserve wealth for successive generations
- A legal method to minimize Federal estate, gift, and inheritance taxes
- A strategy for asset protection from creditors, judgments, and divorces
- Irrevocable at document signing or upon death
Dynasty Trusts are most beneficial when -
- Your family has a high net worth
- You have cash, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and insurance policies to preserve
- You want to benefit future generations in a way that works in concert with your estate plan
- You want peace of mind knowing assets are secure and goals are fulfilled
Why South Dakota is 'Trust-friendly' -
- No state income tax
- No state estate or inheritance tax
- No Trust (fiduciary) income tax
- No 'Rule Against Perpetuities' (the Trust can last forever)
- Ranked in the top four states for Trusts (Trusts & Estates magazine - January 2012)
- State law allows for designation of an outside investment advisor
A South Dakota Dynasty Trust requires the following -
- All Trust assets, or physical evidence of such assets, are located in South Dakota
- The Trustee is an individual, bank, or Trust company located in South Dakota
- The administration occurs wholly or partly in South Dakota.
To learn more about our experience with Dynasty Trusts, attention to detail, and a brand of customer service dating back to the 1880s, please CONTACT US or call (800) 881-5611.