Safeguard Your Information
At Dacotah Bank, the security of customer information is a priority. We are strongly committed to the safety and confidentiality of your records. Every day, unscrupulous individuals are busy developing new scams targeting the unsuspecting public. One of the best ways to avoid fraud is to become an educated consumer.
- Ensure that your own personal computer has updated anti-virus and firewall protections. Apply security patches for all of your programs and operating systems regularly.
- Passwords should be unique to you and changed regularly. Do not use birthdays or other numbers or words that may be easy for others to guess. Never write down your password or give it to another person.
- Set up a personalized Phishing Phrase for your online banking so that you always know when you are on our secure website.
To ensure that your information is kept as secure as possible when you use the internet, we have joined with Webroot to offer you SecureAnywhere software free of charge.
» Protect yourself online! - Download Webroot SecureAnywhere for free
Identity theft is the #1 consumer complaint reported to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). One in 30 Americans is affected every year. Here are a few things you can do to avoid being a victim.
- Protect yourself from fraudulent websites and emails.
- Watch out for copycat websites that deliberately use a name or web address very similar to, but not the same as the real one. The intent is to lure you into clicking through to their website and giving out your personal information, such as a bank account number, credit card number, or online banking information.
- Always use your pre-established links to access websites and avoid clicking on links in unsolicited emails. If you ever receive a suspicious email representing itself as being from Dacotah Bank, Contact Us and give a brief description of your concern. Use the copy and paste functions to include the entire suspicious email in your communication with us.
- Monitor your account activity frequently using our free online and mobile banking services.
- Sign up for free eStatements to avoid having your paper statement sitting in an unsecure mailbox where it could be compromised.
- Set up free Security and Balance Alerts through online banking to be notified via phone, email or text message when there is login activity or changes in your expected balance.
To learn more or report a concern, please Contact Us.
Dacotah Bank Links