Dacotah Banks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Ag Banker
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Grade: Level 1 (10,11,12); Level 2 (13,14,15)
Report to: Senior Agricultural Banker
Under the direction of the incumbents manager, responsible for origination, underwriting and closing secured and unsecured Agricultural loans in accordance with established lending objectives, policies and procedures; establish and maintain positive relationships with existing and potential agricultural customers and other financial institutions.
1) Perform full range of duties pertaining to the credit function, including, but not limited to agricultural loans and leases, in support of overall loan department objectives and in accordance with established lending policies and practices.
2) Receive and screen loan applications; request credit status, banking and other references, conduct on-site inspections, order appraisals, etc;
3) Correspond with or interview applicant or creditors to resolve questions regarding the application;
4) Analyze applicant's financial status, credit and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan request;
5) Approve loan within specified limits;
6) Refer larger loan requests to loan committee for approval;
7) Communicate loan decision to applicants, including rationale for decisions, and assures necessary supporting documents are prepared.
8) Review and evaluate customer applications for lines of credit or lines of credit extensions; authorize or recommend the approval of applications in accordance with established guidelines and policies.
9) Direct and participate in the closing of approved Ag loan agreements; ensure that all required closing documents are prepared and processed.
10) Monitor and review assigned ag loans on a regular and continuing basis; identify problem or delinquent loan accounts or those having an adverse impact on Bank profitability; initiate appropriate corrective actions on delinquent accounts on a timely basis;
11) Complete criticized asset action plan form; refer problem accounts to superior as required or needed.
12) Participate in the Bank's Lending Call Program to establish and maintain contacts with businesses, realtors, developers and other potential loan customers and provide information regarding lending programs and services
1) Keep abreast of new developments and trends in the ag loan market; identify potential lending opportunities and participate in the development and implementation of plans and programs to respond to these opportunities.
2) Participate in the establishment of lending goals and profitability objectives and in the development and implementation of policies and procedures to assure the achievement of those goals; recommend new policies or policy revisions as necessary to improve efficiency and control.
3) Provide assistance to co-workers with difficult internal problems or customer inquiries or problems. Ensure prompt and courteous response to customer inquiries.
4) Assist in the development of manuals and supporting documentation to accomplish tasks/duties inherent in this position.
5) Maintain education and professional expertise through attendance at job related seminars, conferences and workshops and involvement in professional civic and community groups in leadership positions.
6) Perform other duties as assigned. Utilizes government programs when deemed necessary to meet customers credit needs.
· Knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to the completion of a college education, which includes specific courses in ag lending, agri-business, and communications.
· Good verbal communication skills as evidenced by the ability to interact both face-to-face and over the telephone with customers and co-workers. Demonstrated ability to use tact, diplomacy, and a "professional" personal appearance, when dealing with customers and co-workers.
· Analytical (statistical), organizational, time management, and problem-solving ability.
· Good written communication skills. Good proof reading and editing skills.
Level 1 – Attainment of this position is contingent upon successful mastery of the skills and responsibilities inherent in 2-3 years' bank lending experience or equivalent education in loan transactions, procedures and policies
Level 2 - 5-6 years' bank ag lending experience or equivalent education in bank lending procedures and policies.
The performance measures for this job shall be those established in the incumbent’s current Performance Planning and Appraisal Program. The Primary Accountabilities in this job description together with the incumbent’s established performance measures serve as the vocational objectives. If you are just entering this job, you and your supervisor will meet within the first two weeks of your employment to establish your performance measures for the current year.
Hardware and Software Requirements
The hardware and software required to do this job are as follows:
- Personal Computer; and
- Copy Machine, Facsimile Machine, Printer and other basic office equipment; and
- Microsoft Office Products (including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint)
- Core Banking System; and
The exertion and physical requirements of this job are as follows:
- Moving objects weighing up to 25 pounds;
- Sitting at least half of the work day;
- Standing as much as 40 percent of the work day;
- Walking approximately 10 percent of the work day;
- Placing objects on and removing objects from shelves;
- Dexterity and Coordination;
- Oral and Written (including Typing) Communication; and
- Listening and Hearing.
Please indicate the position you are applying for on all correspondence.
All applicants must complete these four printable forms and mail them to us at the below address:
Dacotah Bank Employment Application
Dacotah Bank Affirmative Action
Dacotah Bank Self-Identification of Veteran Status
Dacotah Bank Self-Identification of Disability
Mail completed forms to: Human Resources, Dacotah Banks, Inc., PO Box 1496, Aberdeen, SD 57402 Or email completed forms to email@example.com.
Please enclose your resume when submitting the above forms.
Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.