Dacotah Banks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Insurance Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Report to: Sr Vice President Insurance
The incumbent of this position has the responsibility for managing and leadership of Insurance Producers for the Dacotah Insurance Agency. The incumbent will develop and provide business strategies to improve lines of business as well as oversee and manage sales goals in line with corporate strategic goals.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Formulate, recommend and monitor the financial goals of department including individual production goals.
- Prepare, analyze and submit monthly management reports.
- Working with management team and assisting in the overall management of the agency.
- Coordinate agency advertising.
- Provide assistance to producers in securing prospects and serving as a mentor
- Administer producer management plan: Analyze production and loss results of producers on a regular basis.
- Assist producers and account managers with problem areas within the agency.
- Assist producers with claims, underwriting, and audits
- Meets with key clients, assisting insurance producers with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Serves as the primary sales support contact.
- Keep abreast of trends and techniques.
- Develop and improve selling tools and aids to maintain a competitive status for the agency within the industry.
Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four year college or university; or eight years sales experience with at least five years in sales management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must hold the following licenses: Property & Casualty Insurance and Life & Health Insurance.
- Demonstrates people-orientated management experience, leading a team of people.
- Superior problem solving skills. Proven ability to manage detail and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of technology relevant to the insurance field.
The performance measures for this job shall be those established in the incumbent’s current Performance Planning and Appraisal Program. The Primary Accountabilities in this job description together with the incumbent’s established performance measures serve as the vocational objectives. If you are just entering this job, you and your supervisor will meet within the first two weeks of your employment to establish your performance measures for the current year.
Hardware and Software Requirements
The hardware and software required to do this job are as follows:
- Personal Computer; and
- Copy Machine, Facsimile Machine, Printer and other basic office equipment; and
- Microsoft Office Products (including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint)
- Core Insurance System;
The exertion and physical requirements of this job are as follows:
- Moving objects weighing up to 25 pounds;
- Sitting at least half of the work day;
- Standing as much as 40 percent of the work day;
- Walking approximately 10 percent of the work day;
- Placing objects on and removing objects from shelves;
- Dexterity and Coordination;
- Oral and Written (including Typing) Communication; and
- Listening and Hearing.
Please indicate the position you are applying for on all correspondence.
Mail completed forms to: Human Resources, Dacotah Banks, Inc., PO Box 1496, Aberdeen, SD 57402 Or email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please enclose your resume when submitting the above forms.
Equal Opportunity Employer