Dacotah Banks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Marketing Intern
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Report to: Vice President Marketing
This position exists to assist Marketing department personnel with data input, media advertising cataloging, public relations projects, social media communications, trade show administration, accounts payable processing, and other duties as assigned.
1) Write media press releases and content for the company’s marketing material; digital brochures, website, civic presentations by bankers, and social media campaigns
2) Assist managing logistics for trade show events; booth designs, staffing, promotions, logistics required for booth infrastructure
3) Prepare post-campaign analytics for investments in traditional media, social media, website effectiveness, and direct sales marketing
4) Accurately process incoming vendor statements for payment with proper General Ledger codes and expense allocation
5) Maintain a current catalog of marketing expenses, competitive media advertising, and social media marketing
6) Work to maintain a current database of bank clients and prospective clients who complete event registration blanks or are identified in various sales promotions
7) Collaborate with department personnel on developing advertising, public relations, sales promotions, social media, and special events
1) This position is very deadline oriented and the work is time sensitive
2) The ability to build consensus is critical
3) Verbal and written communication skills are a must
4) The position requires skills with math, Word, Excel, Internet, and the ability to learn and master other computer applications
5) The person in this position needs to be sociable and hospitable and possess the characteristics of a successful caterer, journalist, team manager and teacher
Candidates should be full-time undergraduate students working towards one or more credit hours in a related major. Good communication skills as well as good customer service skills. Must be a self-starter, motivated and be able to work independently.
Experience: Prior working experience is not needed but would be a plus.
The performance measures for this job shall be those established in the incumbent’s current Performance Planning and Appraisal Program. The Primary Accountabilities in this job description together with the incumbent’s established performance measures serve as the vocational objectives. If you are just entering this job, you and your supervisor will meet within the first two weeks of your employment to establish your performance measures for the current year.
Hardware and Software Requirements
The hardware and software required to do this job are as follows:
- Personal Computer; and
- Copy Machine, Fax Machine, Printer and other basic office equipment; and
- Microsoft Office Products (including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint)
- Core Banking System; Customer Information Database (CIF), and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform.
The exertion and physical requirements of this job are as follows:
- Some travel including overnight travel may be required;
- Some weekend or afterhours scheduling may be required;
- Moving objects weighing up to 25 pounds;
- Sitting at least half of the work day;
- Standing as much as 40 percent of the work day;
- Walking approximately 10 percent of the work day;
- Placing objects on and removing objects from shelves;
- Dexterity and Coordination;
- Oral and Written (including Keyboarding) Communication; and
- Listening and Hearing.
Please indicate the position you are applying for on all correspondence.
All applicants must complete these four printable forms and mail them to us at the below address:
Dacotah Bank Employment Application
Dacotah Bank Affirmative Action
Dacotah Bank Self-Identification of Veteran Status
Dacotah Bank Self-Identification of Disability
Mail completed forms to: Human Resources, Dacotah Banks, Inc., PO Box 1496, Aberdeen, SD 57402 Or email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please enclose your resume when submitting the above forms.
Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.