Dacotah Banks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Risk Specialist
Department: Risk Management
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Job Grade: 8
Report to: Risk Manager
Reporting to the Risk Manager, this position will assist with identifying, assessing, controlling, and monitoring enterprise risks and fraudulent activity in the Bank. Incumbent will assist project sponsors with the preparation of project charters created to document the development of new and existing Bank Products, Bank Services, Methods and other concepts (“Development Activity”). The position requires a strong working relationship with the various DBI and Bank Departments, including the Compliance, Information Security, Internal Audit, Information Technology and Operations Departments.
- Assist with the maintenance and administration of the WolfPAC risk assessment platform, specifically the Vendor Management and Operational Risk Modules;
- Interpret information and review bank data, procedures and controls in order to assist with risk management processes;
- Work with department managers and supervisors to conduct risk assessments and evaluations; identify and implement internal controls to mitigate such risks; and draft policies and procedures to support such internal controls;
- Assist project sponsors with the preparation of project charters and monitor project activity throughout the project development stages;
- Assist with fraud and criminal activity research and incident response action items;
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of this position; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Scope and Responsibility
This position has responsibility for selected infrastructure applications or systems. Work is performed in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines. The incumbent has entry level decision-making authority for projects, coding and applications and works at a specialist level. The incumbent may participate in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, planning sessions and implementation activities; and supports functions system-wide.
The qualifications for this job are as follows:
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree from an accredited four-year college or university; and/or one to three years of experience working in the financial or operations departments of a bank or related experience;
- Abilities to be self-motivated; pay attention to detail; simultaneously handle multiple tasks; meet identified deadlines and work independently to complete assigned tasks;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong technical writing skills;
- Ability to analyze data and transactional patterns;
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of company, employee and customer information;
- Possession of advanced knowledge of the Bank’s operations functions is recommended, but not required; and
- Willingness to travel three to four weeks per year.
The performance measures for this job shall be those established in the incumbent’s current Performance Planning and Appraisal Program. The Accountabilities in this job description together with the incumbent’s established performance measures serve as the vocational objectives. If you are just entering this job, you and your supervisor will meet within the first two weeks of your employment to establish your performance measures for the current year.
Hardware and Software Requirements
The hardware and software required to do this job are as follows:
- Personal Computer; and
- Copy Machine, Facsimile Machine, Printer and other basic office equipment; and
- Microsoft Office Products (including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint)
- Core Banking System; and
- Risk Assessment Software.
The exertion and physical requirements of this job are as follows:
- Moving objects weighing up to 25 pounds;
- Requires extensive sitting with periodic standing and walking.
- Requires significant use of personal computer, phone and general office equipment.
- Needs adequate visual acuity, ability to grasp and handle objects.
- Dexterity and Coordination;
- May require off-site travel;
- Placing objects on and removing objects from shelves;
- Oral and Written (including Typing) Communication; and
- Listening and Hearing.
Please indicate the position you are applying for on all correspondence.
All applicants must complete these four printable forms and mail them to us at the below address:
Dacotah Bank Employment Application
Dacotah Bank Affirmative Action
Dacotah Bank Self-Identification of Veteran Status
Dacotah Bank Self-Identification of Disability
Mail completed forms to: Human Resources, Dacotah Banks, Inc., PO Box 1496, Aberdeen, SD 57402 Or email completed forms to email@example.com.
Please enclose your resume when submitting the above forms.
Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.